banner

Saturday, March 12, 2011

[day 21: surprises]

have you ever had someone lie about lying
all for the sake of a surprise?
and because of that lie, you didn't really have
anything to say?

and then...the second you see that person,
every negative emotion you had completely
melts away?
[very specific experience, i know. if you've ever
had anything close to this, it blows your mind]

this happened to me yesterday.

i had plans to skype a friend who's plans
to come out for spring break had been changed.
[i was so bummed. can't even tell you]
we made plans to skype at 10 his time
[which is around 9 my time]

i got a call around 9:15, and i figured
it was because i was running late
[as usual]
rather then ask me what i was up to,
the phone call led to some weird instructions.
[the instructions were as follows]

1. go outside, around the corner, over to your trash can
2. between the furthest trash can and your house, there is a piece of paper
3. pick it up, and don't open it until i tell you [i was then told to open it.]
opening....BRUNO MARS TICKETS! WHOOPWHOOOP!
4. i was then told there was a second part to my surprise.
5. go back to your front door, and tell me when you're at your front porch.
[i got there and let my caller know]

at this point, my heart was going a billion beats per minute.
i get to my porch, and the caller told me that he had some bad news...
we weren't skypeing tonight.
[psh. my heart dropped]
at this point, he hung up the phone, and my front door opens.
there in the doorway is my best friend, garrett, with a massive smile
on his face.

he was supposed to be in texas...going to dallas...because
he didn't shoot well in the tournament
[that was what i was told, anyway]
but, regardless...there he was.
standing in my front door.
i couldn't even believe it.
i still can't believe it.
it was one of theeee best nights!!
i love suprises.

and i am pumped for bruno mars.
aaaah!
i love my life.

over and out.

1 comment:

  1. OK so if this post had a "LIKE" button, actually NO a "LOVE" button I would have to hit it like a bazillion times :) isnt my little brother just the cutest? I taught him well didnt i :) anyways hope you two are enjoying the break! love you bunches xoxo

    ReplyDelete