banner

Saturday, March 12, 2011

[day 20: disaster]

today, i woke up to a text saying
"did you hear about what happened in japan?"
i had no idea what was going on.
in my head, i was thinking,
"uhh....japan? what happened?"
as the conversation continued,
to know of the 8.9 earthquake that
took place overseas in japan.

i couldn't believe it.

from the little that i do know
about earthquakes, i know that
8.9 is big.
real big.
i can't imagine what that would be like.
your whole world would [literally]
be crashing down on you,
your loved ones, and everything familiar
would be different.

it got me thinking about what i would
do if utah was struck by an earthquake.
i pray that i would be with my family,
and that we were all safe.
it would probably be something like
the movies with earthquakes.
crazy.

after hearing the news about the actual earthquake,
i heard about a massive tsunami wave that was supposedly
heading towards hawaii and possibly california.
my heart sunk.
i know people in hawaii and california
holy cow.
i feel that my [very] small realization
shed a [very] small light on the reality
that millions are currently experiencing.
it completely blew my mind.

this post is a shout out to anyone that
has been affected by the tragedy in japan.
my heart goes out to you,
and you'll be in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment