banner

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

[day 7: growing up]


this picture is the simplest way to put my thoughts into words.
today, i was talking with my roommates,
and we realized that this time last year, we were
having our interviews to get into the leadership
program that we are a part of right. now.

this has been one of the most life-changing years of my life.
this time last year, i was a senior in high school having the time of my life.
this time last year, my world was so much smaller then it is right now
[it will only continue to grow]
this time last year, i didn't [personally] know a single person that
was getting married. i now know five-ish.
this time last year, the idea of moving away made me cry!
[sometimes, it still does]
this time last year, i was so different.

but, different is a good thing.
i will only continue to change as i get older
and have new experiences. so will everyone
else that i know. people will leave, come back,
get married, and in about 10 years,
not one person will be the same.

at that point, i will be [almost] completely grown up.
which kind of freaks me out.
i'll be done with school, [hopefully] be married,
possibly with a couple kids, my brothers will be on missions,
and i will be [completely] different from what
i am right. now.

weird thought.
even weirder, thinking of my life 10 years ago.
ha! i was 9 years old. just a little girl.
now, i'm officially considered an adult,
even though i don't truly consider myself one.
i don't know if i will ever consider myself one.

but, i do know, no matter how old i am,
i will still call my mom every day.
i will still consider myself daddy's girl
even the thought of my parents will
bring [happy] tears to my eyes.
the thought of my brothers will make me bawl,
and watching my grandparents will make me cry.
[all happy tears]

growing up is necessary, it's a great thing.
i'm just taking it one day at a time.
[phew]

i want to enjoy every. single. second of it.
[growing up included]
hopefully you all love your lives as much as i do.
over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment