banner

Monday, February 28, 2011

[day 12: brothers]

sooooo, i just got off the phone with my mom,
and i have to share the cutest story.

as a family, we've been trying to plan a really fun spring break.
we thought that my vacation and my little brother's vacations lined up,
but they don't. [sadness] my mom told my brothers that today,
and they all [individually] told her that they didn't want to do something
new if i couldn't come. mind you, my brother are 16, 14, and 10 years old

at their ages, you'd think they wouldn't
really care if their older college sister
would be able to come on a family vacation.
but, mine do.

i feel so loved today, by them and my parents.
i cannot even begin to tell them
[and you]
how much i love them.
they put off personal fun time
so that i could still be a part of it.

jake, colin, and jaxon,
i love you three more then 
you will ever. understand.
as you guys have gotten older,
it's been so much fun to see you grow
[i know i sound like a parent]

jake, when you got your license,
went hot tubbing with friends,
and went on your first date,
i had a little bit of heart failure.

colin, when you stood next to me
a couple weeks ago, and only had a
couple of inches to go until you were
as tall as me, i didn't even know what to do.

jaxon, when i hear your stories of
your adventures and all about the
girls chasing you around the playground,
i can't help but smile, because its exactly
what i expected from you.

you are the sweetest boys ever,
and you all make me feel so loved.
when i leave our house on sundays,
i cry [every time] thinking that i'm
leaving the people that i love the most.
we've laughed, cried, fought, worked,
talked, and grown together, and i can't
imagine my life any other way.

this is a shout out to all of the family
members that you love, and that i love.
make sure they know it!

I LOVE JAKE, COLIN, JAXON,
DEANNA, AND SCOTT
[more then anything in the world.]

over and out

1 comment:

  1. OK confession.... I have tears streaming down my red cheeks. Can i just say i know EXACTLY how you feel :) although im sure our love for our siblings is individually different, Im almost positive we were meant to be related, because we are so much alike! No pressure or anything though :) just know i LOVE you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete