banner

Sunday, June 19, 2011

[day 124-131: lifeguards]

cool thing, lifeguards.
not only can we appreciate the ones from
baywatch,
running in their bright red swimming suits
across the beach,
or the ones at our local pools.

i'm talking about a different kind of lifeguard.
a better one!

last week, i was texted a quote that has stuck with me,
"when you feel like you're drowning in life's situations,
remember, your lifeguard walks on water."
i heard it again today in a talk, and i absolutely love it.

it was a good reminder for me that
i've always got people on my team,
ya know?

even when i feel like i'm drowning.

it reminded me of not only my eternal lifeguard,
but of my dad.

today, being father's day,
i want to talk about my dad.
being the only girl,
i get to be daddy's girl.
forever.
[which is so great]

my dad is the most
amazing,
hard working,
loving,
responsible,
thoughtful,
driven
man i have ever met.

he is respectful, and honorable,
and has shown me through example
the way i should be treated
by my own prince charming someday.
he loves my mom, me and my brothers
unconditionally.
and eventually, i want a husband that
can be to my children what my dad has been to me.

dad, i will always be your little girl,
no matter how old i get,
where i go,
what i do,
or who i marry,

i will be your little girl forever.

thank you for everything dad.
you are a constant in my life.
you are one of my [many] lifeguards.
i love you with all of my heart.

happy father's day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment